Talent as a Service (TaaS)
We’ve all heard of software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS). All are designed to offer speed, agility and cost optimization. Similar to these, talent as a service (TaaS) is increasingly becoming a preferred choice for many companies who thrive to move fast and stay ahead of their competition. This is further getting pushed by the Covid 19 pandemic. The majority of the companies realized, through their own experiences in settling down, that working in an uncertain environment could be the new normal and the speed of disruption may further increase in the post Covid world. There are already new business models in the works and companies who enjoyed working in a traditional environment realized that it’s no longer an option.
As per Mencer’s report on global talent trend 2020, 98% of executives plan to redesign their organizations to make them fit for tomorrow.
What is TaaS?
Talent as a service (TaaS) is a flexible model that allows companies to hire high-skilled temporary staff for a specific duration and purpose. The foundation of such a model is to provide flexibility and agility to the work environment.
Why is TaaS a good option?
- Skills on Demand: Quite often we are faced with situations when we need specialized skills for a particular project. We may not want to hire a talent for this requirement as its unique and non-repetitive. On demand talent acquisition for the duration of the project might just be the best way forward for such requirement.
- Flexibility and Scalability: We are constantly faced with two situations. 1) There’s a sudden surge in our operational activities and 2) There’s a business demand to reprioritize some critical initiatives and there’s a need to add more manpower for a certain duration. TaaS model allows the flexibility to scale teams upwards and downwards at will. It’s a great source of staying prepared to meet demanding business expectations. In addition, it lowers the risk of bad hiring that is considerably expensive and time consuming.
- Speed: We operate in a very competitive world and this will continue to become more aggressive. There’s no turning back and we must learn to operate in this new environment, which will continue to increase in being more adhoc in nature. While the long-term strategies will still exist, there will be frequent realignments for businesses to stay competitive and relevant. This uncertain and demanding environment pushes the enabling teams to move really fast in organizing the resources that will be critical for timely delivery of projects.
- Cost Optimization: With TaaS, you only pay for what you use. You bring on-board temporary staff for the mutually agreed duration that is usually aligned to a project. Once the project ends, you release this manpower. It’s a great way to control your staff cost. In addition, you do not need to worry about other benefits such as health insurance and bonus.
- Innovation: We all have experienced situations when we are discussing certain problems or expectations and the outcome is to try out something new. This could require skills in AI, Blockchain, specific design skills or any other that is unique to our existing environment. Hiring someone to help with such experiments could be very expensive and time consuming. Plus, we may not even have a roadmap for such talent. TaaS model makes it really simple by reaching out to a partner and on-boarding such professionals within days. These professionals are quick to start and helps gain more clarity to the vision, which can be used to plan the way forward. The faster availability of specialized skills helps us innovate faster and keep the momentum going.
With Dexter Technologies, you gain access to a wide pool of highly skilled professionals who are up to date with latest technologies and exposed to work in a variety of industries and environments.